Chelsea Lee, C-IAYT, E-RYT 500, MA, BA
Chelsea is the Program Director of the 800 hour Yoga Therapy Certification Program (IAYT Accredited) at the Vancouver School of Healing Arts, and is also on the faculty for the 200 and 240 hour Yoga Teacher Training programs. She offers online one-on-one Yoga Therapy via Zoom, and in-person sessions at Sea-to-Sky Sports Physiotherapy in Squamish, B.C.
Growing up as a contemporary dancer, Chelsea has always been drawn to the sacredness of movement. Her yoga journey began in 2006 when she started going to classes to heal her body from a dance-related hip injury. However, she quickly discovered that the practice runs much deeper than the physical postures. Yoga helped Chelsea heal both physically and emotionally, while developing a more intimate connection not only to herself but also to others, the Earth and life itself. Yoga has taught her how to breathe more fully, move more freely and be empowered to make meaningful change within her life.
Chelsea completed a Bachelor of Arts degree, followed by a Master of Management, from the University of British Columbia. It didn’t take long working at a corporate job to realize that this was not the path for her. She decided to follow her passion for movement and helping others, leading her to complete her 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training with Rachel Scott (YYoga).
Her dedication to, and passion for, helping others along their healing journey led her to Pacific Rim College, in Victoria B.C., where she completed her 500-hour Yoga Teacher Training, as well as her Diploma of Yoga Therapy. Chelsea believes in Yoga’s capacity to empower and transform, and loves helping others hold a sense of playful curiosity as they experience this transformation with grace and courage.
As a lover of life and adventure, Chelsea has an insatiable case of wanderlust; however, the mountains of Squamish are home. If she’s not on her mat, you’ll find her exploring the woods or cruising down the slopes, surrounded by friends and family. Chelsea strives to live an authentic, kind and playful life and believes that no day is complete without a little dancing and laughing.
Chelsea holds deep gratitude for her teachers’ unceasing wisdom, inspiration and support: Rachel Scott, Nikki Manzie, Holly Herman, and Diane Lee, as well as every peer and student she has shared space with.
“If you mean to do a thing, and you mean to do it really, never let it be by halves, do it fully, freely” – Chelsea’s Grandpa; original source unknown.
Pacific Rim College, 1300-hour Diploma of Yoga Therapy (Nikki Manzie)
Pacific Rim College, 500-hour Yoga Teacher Training (Nikki Manzie & Taro Chiba)
YYoga Teacher’s College, 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training (Rachel Scott & Jason Hagemeister)
Yoga & Movement Coursework
- Skill in Action (Michelle Johnson)
- Yin Yoga Teacher Training – 20 hours (Lauren Roegele)
- Anatomy Trains for Movement Therapists (Sherri Leigh Iwaschuk)
- Pain Care Yoga (Neil Pearson)
- Integrated Systems Model (Diane Lee)
- Trauma-Informed Yoga Teaching for Mental Health and Addictions (Nicole Marcia)
- Launching your Heart-Centered Business (Betty-Ann Thomson)
- Yoga for Seniors: Chair Yoga (Celeste Mallett Jason)
- Yoga for Cancer (Tracy Chetna Boyd)
- Hands-On Yoga Adjustments (Ida Manley)
- Yoga for Concussions (Jenna Howe)
- Thai Massage for Yoga Therapists (Nikki Manzie)
- Restorative Yoga (Misha Butot)
- Anusara Yoga (Trevor Yelich)
- Yoga for Parkinson’s Disease (Kaitlyn Roland)
- Yoga for Scoliosis (Kathryn Kusyszyn)
- Yoga for Joints (Erica Fritch)
- Yoga for Anxiety (Meredith Withers)
- Skillful Assists (Rachel Scott)
- Teacher Development Series (Jonathan Boyd)
University of British Columbia, Masters of Management
University of British Columbia, Bachelor of Arts, English Language